Monday, May 09, 2005

Mondays...ugh

Have I mentioned before that I hate Mondays? I am sure I have. I guess saying that I hate Mondays would be redundant at this point, but I am saying it again anyway... I hate Mondays. There. I said it again. So shoot me. Mondays are like a part of hell that even the devil himself would not want to visit. They really are. After having a few days off to enjoy freedom a little bit, you are forced to drag your sorry lazy butt back into the office to work. Work. That word should be a curse word. It is only appropriate that "work" has 4 letters.

Mondays are days where you have to get readjusted to getting up at 6:30 am instead of 11 or noon (like I do on the weekends - hehe). I love staying up late and sleeping in. I look foward to that every week. The only solace that Monday brings to me is that it eventually ends. Mondays are days of doing weekly reports and filing all the stuff from last week and listening to all your voice mail that has collected over the weekend. Mondays are days of sitting at your desk and looking at your computer and wondering what exactly it is that you do anyway? Mondays are days where you question whether there is any good left in the world. Mondays are just bad.

I got up this morning at 6:30 am, that ungodly hour where in a better world, I would still be sleeping. I promptly fell back asleep, as I sometimes do, and began to dream. It is amazing just how quickly you can begin to dream after you fall asleep. I was only asleep for another 20 minutes, but in that 20 minutes, I witnessed someone get married then have a baby and then I walked up a hill and got coffee and talked to Johnny Carson. That is a lot of stuff to do in 20 minutes, even if it was only a dream. I almost felt like I was done for the day and should go back to sleep. Sadly, that is not how it goes. You can not dream you worked and then expect to be able to stay home. Too bad. That would be a novel idea. Calling in to your boss saying, "I dreamt that I did all those cases. I am done for the day. I am not coming in. I already worked." I don't think that would fly with the boss. You could try, but don't blame me if you get fired.

It is just past lunch time. I am still working on the whole nap time idea. But somehow I don't think that would fly with the bosses either. Too bad all my ideas are so outlandish.

Only another 4 1/2 hours to go and then I can go home and do my usual envening thing of showering, watching 2 hours of CSI and doing crosswords on my computer. Yeah, it is a boring life, but don't knock it. I would rather be bored than to have too much drama. Drama I can do without. Sleep, I can't.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger