Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Feeling jaded in the afternoon

I am growing weary of doing crossword puzzles and playing Inspector Parker everyday. I need something to entertain me or challenge me. They are moving Pam to where Veronica sat, and pretty soon, I will be all alone here in this cubicle, with no one to talk to. I will probably start talking to myself, and maybe then they will give me another neighbor, just to keep me sane.

The afternoon is dragging. Just had lunch and I am already tired and ready for a nap. I keep telling everyone they need to have nap time after lunch, but nobody listens. Maybe I should bring a pillow to work and just lay my head on the desk and take a nap, and if anyone says anything, I will say that I am on a break. Seems like a good enough idea. But then, what if I have a nightmare and wake up screaming. Would they consider that a hostile work environment? Someone would probably have a heart attack and try to sue me for "emotional distress," knowing some people. Everyone is sue-happy these days.

I read that Ms Wheelchair was stripped of her crown because, get this, she was photographed standing up. Good lord! You would think they would be praising her for being able to stand, but instead they are punishing her. She said she can only walk for maybe 50 feet on a good day, and can stand up to teach her class, but that is it. Apparently, that is not disabled enough to become "Ms Wheelchair." I guess to take that crown you can't have any legs or arms, be blind, deaf and dumb. I say, more power to her. She is not letting her disability keep her down, and that is what they should be encouraging. Instead they are punishing her for not being completely down and out. Maybe they should come up with a "Ms Wheelchair-Dependant-But-Can-Stand-Up-From-Time-to-Time" crown. In fact, let's come up with a pageant for all those people who are disabled. Like, for instance, Mr Crutches, or Ms Walker, or Mr All American Amputee. But just make sure all the contestants go through a rigorous screening process to make sure they NEED walkers or crutches and are actually "disabled" enough to qualify. (I am being sarcastic, of course - lol)

I read that in Salinas, CA, the public libraries are in danger of being closed down. Apparently, in Salinas reading is not important. I guess the mayor decided that illiteracy is the way to go from now on. Instead of cutting funds from elsewhere, they are gonna cut it out of, of course, arts and literature. Seems like anything regarding art, literature or music is expendable nowadays. It is a shame, and it is also ironic, that a place so well-known for being the birthplace of John Steinbeck, a famous author, would be losing its libraries. I guess they will have to make a John Steinbeck Pipe Shop or a John Steinbeck Bowling Alley in order to continue his legacy. I remember going to the John Steinbeck Library on a field trip when I was a kid. And now it looks like it is headed for extinction.


Looks like someone actually needs my help today, so I may actually get to do some work. I need some before my brain turns to jell-o. I liked this no caseload stuff at first....it was a nice, and needed break, but now I get bored, which is probably why I write so much in this blog. I feel for Veronica over at KMC who has no internet. Poor her. She must be going crazy.

At least South Park is on tonite :) On tonite's episode....

Episode 905 : A winning season and overzealous parents threaten to ruin the entire summer, when the boys of South Park head to the State Championship in an all new episode of South Park entitled “The Losing Edge,” premiering Wednesday, April 6 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central. The kids desperately want an end to the boring baseball season. The problem is they’ve won so many games that now they’re in the playoffs. Just one loss would mean the season’s finished and they’d be free from America’s favorite pastime for the entire summer.



No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger