Sunday, April 17, 2005

Mountain Trip

I took a trip up to Lake Isabella today, just for the fun of it. The weather was beautiful, and of course I took pictures - hehe. I also decided to go up to Wofford Heights, since I had worked at a summer camp up there when I was 17. Then I decided to go further up...up to Greenhorn Summit, some 6100 odd feet up in the mountains. It was gorgeous.. all the trees and wildflowers, and there were still a few patches aof snow left, too. The only problem was that the road was steep on the way down, and my brakes got too hot and boy did they stink! I had to pull over for a while to let them cool off, which, of course, gave me some more picture opportunities and a little chance to explore. When I finally left, I drove down the mountain road in 2nd gear so I went slower. That road is as windey as the 178 thru Kern Canyon! I was so relieved to get back down to Lake Isabella! I drove back home, taking side roads here and there, just to see where they went. I had a blast, but I know it probably would have bored anyone else, so I went alone - lol. When I got back into Bakersfield, I drove past Lake Ming and Hart Park. It is amazing that as long as I have lived in this town, there were still places I hadn't seen. I want to go out to CALM (California Living Museum) this upcoming weekend. They have a zoo! lol. It was a nice day. I think I need to get out and drive somewhere every weekend - lol.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger