Monday, April 18, 2005

Pain, pain go away...

It is official....I hate pain more than I hate Mondays. Even after taking the Tylenol and rubbing excessive amounts of Aspercreme on my hands and elbows, I am still in pain...and downright exhausted...and for no reason! It would be one thing if I had run a marathon yesterday and was in pain today, but all I did this weekend was drive, sleep and walk around. No biggie. So why the pain? It is an easy thing to answer....fibromyalgia...the dreaded "f" word. I hate it! I don't know what I did in a past life to deserve this, but I must have done something really bad - lol. For those of you who don't know what the hell fibromyalgia is, this is what it basically is . . .


Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by fatigue, widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, and multiple tender points — places on your body where slight pressure causes pain. Previously, the condition was known by other names such as fibrositis, chronic muscle pain syndrome, psychogenic rheumatism and tension myalgias.

Although the intensity of your symptoms may vary, they'll probably never disappear completely. It may be reassuring to know, however, that fibromyalgia isn't progressive, crippling or life-threatening. Treatments and self-care steps can improve symptoms and your general health.
from:
http:///www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objectid=96E57CAC-F3E9-468B-8824304CCE012FD1&dsection=1

Yes, folks, it sucks. I don't wish it on anyone. And the worst part is that there is no cure for it. Basically all you can do is manage your pain, rest, and try to exercise. Sometimes, I feel like crying. But right now, all I wanna do is go home, take some painkillers, take a hot bath, and lie down. 5:30, hurry the heck up and get here so I can go home! lol

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger